 General / 42237
  Re: Virus Email

They're not clickable. That means the spammer would have to type it in. I try to warn people and I get arrogant people to post. ~Dan (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virus Email

Even if they're not clickable, they can be harvested. They just need to be in the format of email addresses. I wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote a bot to scrape up "name at address dot com" too. But, for now that's safe. -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virus Email

(...) Take a pill. I'm not up on spam technology but I would be very surprised if clickable had much to do with it. Harvesting addresses would hardly be profitable if a person literally had to take the time to click on each one. One could imagine (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virus Email

(...) Bots harvest e-mail address from posts, mailto: is not required. I (...) Posting a bunch of e-mail addresses wasn't necessary... generally speaking its bad form. Not sure what part of my response you found arrogant. (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virus Email

(...) Indeed. Were I you, Dan, I'd drop a note to admin@lugnet.com with the url of your original post, asking that it be canceled. Todd's worked hard to make spam harvesting harder here, Dan. The people trying to point that out, and suggest that you (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virus Email

(...) Not to mention that this whole thread doesn't belong in lugnet.general. Plus, there really isn't any good purpose in spreading e-mails warning about such viruses. I've been getting several copies a day of one or another of the "Microsoft (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Virus Email

"Dan Mattia" <lego_dan44@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HF9320.16IG@lugnet.com... (...) They are clickable!!! I am using Outlook Newsreader, and it automatically converts everything that looks like a mail address or URL into "clickable". (...) (21 years ago, 22-May-03, to lugnet.general)