 General / 42221
Re: Virus Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 13:01:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ludo Soete writes:
To everyone,

I got a mail from a certain HEINO NOWATZKY witch got a lot of LUGNET users
email names in the Recipient list. It has following header:

Task Path From The M$ Corporation.

It has an atachment with a certain number .exe on it.
I guess it's a kind of virus / worm. My virus scanner didn't tell me so but
i removed it at once.

Be carefull if someone receives such a message.

Regards,
Ludo

There's a few going round that claim to be Microsoft updates.  There's also
a cunning one that pretends to be an undeliverable message (rather than a
message sent back to you because the sender spoofed your address).  The
attachment, which looks like a returned email you can open, is actually a
.exe file - a virus.

I thought I'd seen all the tricks before, but this one caught me out.
Fortunately the anti-virus trapped it.

I think these are getting round because someone receiving LUGNET by e-mail
has caught the virus, so all our e-mail addresses are available for it to
spread to.

Jason Railton