 General / 42163
42162  |  42164
Subject:
6 1/2" Lego minifig desk organizer - Anyone seen these?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 17:59:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

My apologies if you already have, but these are really cool!  A friend
tipped me off that he'd seen these in an Urban Outfitters store, and I had
to go check it out.  There were three kinds, two boys and one girl, and
they're loaded with cool little features:

The two boy versions have a baseball cap that comes off to reveal the pencil
sharpener.  The head can be removed and the bottom of the head comes off so
that you can empty shavings.  In the girl version, she has ponytail hair
which is also removeable.

All three wear a backpack that's actually a 40" tape measure.

The torso comes off to reveal the small stapler and tape dispenser.

One leg has an eraser and the other holds paper clips.  The feet come with a
base that fits on studs!

The arms, hands, and legs are fully poseable.

The figures also come with a pen, pencil, and a roll of stickers.

All tools accept standard refills.

Retail was $18.99.  A bit overpriced according Lego.com, where they're
listed at $15.95.  Haven't seen these anywere else though, so it was worth
it.  You can find them on Lego.com if you search for "Desk Pal."  I'd really
like to see more of these in different themes!

Dave