 General / 42103
Re: LEGO sponcoring an ASCAR racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 21:44:16 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Greg Howell writes:
Hey,

I'm a race junkie which ends up taking too much of my Lego time, but what are
you gonna do? Check this out:

http://www.ascar.co.uk/

ASCAR is the Australian version of NASCAR. I'm sure it's not as expensive to
sponcor a car in ASCAR, but I would expect the sponcorship costs in the
millions of dollars. Can any of our Aussie Lugnetters shed some light on this
exciting development?

Snip...

Error correction...

Okay, appearently the Lego "Racers" ASCAR is racing in England. This is rather
confusing as there is an ASCAR series in Australia. I apologize to anyone who I
may have totally confused with my confusion.

It's still pretty cool though. =)

Greg -A confused ASCAR fan!