 General / 42072
42071  |  42073
Subject:
Be careful what you ask for...Was:(Re: Hello out there--aka FEEDBACK NOW!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 22:37:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Spencer Nowak writes:
My most recent mech, one that im pretty proud of:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1044

Tall and lanky or 'what if Shaq were a mecha'. I like the legs because they
show a decent range of
motion, but I don't like them for the same lack of range. There's no turn
out due to the use of
click hinges.

Unfortunately, I think the main failing of this model is the scale seems to
be all off. The head is
huge in proportion to the rest of the model and the rest of the model is
quite thin compared to
the head.

A new helicopter, fairly good IMHO,
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1040
LIke Anne, I like the cockpit. The overall effect of the 'copter is quite
nice but there is a boxiness
about it that just doesn't seem to work and I believe it's caused by the
same cockpit.

Another mech-ish thing that i like, despite the color scheme:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1039

I won't say much, but I think the colorscheme might be the best thing you've
got going on this
one. Give the four-leggedness another try, I think you'll have greater
success the second time
around. I know I did.

The missile is seen here:
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=23146
I really like this design. The wings are an interesting addition to a missle.

A mix of older MOCs that i posted all in one:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=1024
x-plane is my favorite posting here. It's giving me a couple of VTOL ideas
that I haven't played
with yet. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

All of these posts together gave me about 4 posts of feedback.  The whole
reason I unlurked is to get feedback.  I think it would be nice to have a
bit more than 4 posts, especially when 3 are all about the same group of
vehicles.
So, PLEASE tell me what you think of all these, preferably in their own
threads.I dont even mind severe criticism, as long as I get some
recommendations to correct the problems

Look around my last few posts in .build.mecha for the reason why I don't
always critique models.
I live by the mantra 'if you can't say anything nice....', so if you haven't
seen much of a response it
might be because you aren't 'stunning' the community. It's a tough thing to
do these days, to be
sure. Just take a mix of the critiques you get and add them to what you're
learning from watching
other builders and soon you can expect a bit more attention.

-Spencer

-Dave
curator .build.mecha