 General / 42064
42063  |  42065
Subject:
What is your opinion on the rating system?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 01:46:16 GMT

We'd like to know what you think of the rating system of our LEGO posters
section.

http://www.rotule.qc.ca/posters/

In your opinion, do you think people are rating the posters honestly or do
they rate theirs higher to get to the top of the ratings, or maybe they rate
the Movie instead of the LEGO-rendition of the poster?  I think people are
honest, so I'll go for the second option.

These are just questions I've been asking myself for a while now.  Here are
a few facts I find odd:

The Terminator 2 posters is currently rated #1 with an average rating of
9.3.  This means that some people rated it with perfect scores and most
rated it with 9.  IMHO, Steve Barker's poster is really neat, but I don't
think it deserves a 10/10 because it could be better, the ratio isn't even
the same and the Minifig head he used isn't vey good.  On the other hand,
the lighting and setup is very accurate.  So I voted 9.  That's pretty good
in My opinion, but not perfect.

On the opposite, you have High Anxiety, a great poster by Yaron Dori.  In my
opinion, it's one of the best LEGO posters on the website.  The reproduction
of the original is very accurate, the Minifig was nicely choosen,
photographed and edited, the background also has a nice custom touch that
improved the poster IMHO.  I can't understand why people would rate it as
low as it is right now, only 7.6.  I had voted 10 for this one.  Some people
will say it's too simple to get a 10, so explain me why Jaws (my work) has
currently 8.6?

My thoughts are that some people rate the movie instead of the poster.  This
would explain why Matrix, Lord of the Ring, T2 have many votes and great
ratings while High Anxiety and some other less known movies have low ratings.

Also, I don't understand why people won't take a few seconds to rate other
posters when they visit the Lord Of the Ring poster.  LOTR has 23 votes
while Good Morning Vietnam, who has been there for as much time, has only 2
votes.  I'll be the first to say that LOTR is a better movie AND the poster
is better, but are people simply not visiting other poster pages?

I'd really appreciate the input on this.  We are trying to find the solution
to promote the rating system of the posters section.  Your opinion on this
matter may help us understand what are the good and the bad aspects of the
current system.  Do you like the ratings?  Do you think it's useful?  Would
a more complex system be better, like rating the accuracy, the general
quality and the movoe separately?  Should there be a chart to explain on
what criteria people should rate the posters or letting it very vague like
it is right now is better?

Ler Us Know What You Think !!!!

Terry Prosper
Créations Rotule enr.