 General / 41943
Re: Obnoxious geekdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 08:13:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.general, Mike Rayhawk writes:
In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
It gets worse: Lego, computer message boards, gaming.  The last is damning!

lol

I was hoping someone would pick up on that!  It's like the triple crown of
geekdom.

I just got a huge 5' by 9' green indoor/outdoor carpet for a Fantasy Rules!
miniatures battle with Lego.  Geek, geek, geek.  Still, I could ratchet it
up one more notch by using a game actually designed for Lego (which I keep
meaning to do).

You have no idea just how high the scale goes, you should see some of the
things people have showed me over the years.  I was pretty impressed by the
Palm OS BrikWars calculator, and then there was a guy who made a Java app
that let you play Virtual BrikWars online.  But the current champ is a guy
who said BrikWars would make a great trading-card game (Magic: The Gathering
style) and when I didn't believe him he made an online version of it to show
me.  That's pretty hard to beat, an Internet simulation of a trading card
game of a LEGO simulation of fantasy combat.

If you can top that, I won't be impressed so much as terrified!

- Mike.