 General / 41859
Re: vanishing LEGO chromatology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:28:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andrew Saada writes:
Hello all,

Having gone through some miscellaneous bricks (primarily Belville) late
Friday "night" in search of some car body pieces, I became a bit
annoyed/perplexed/frustrated, as I imagine most have, with not having a
given part in a wanted color.  (Especially when it seemed that it would have
aesthetically made sense to do so in a certain set. :-D )  Afterwards,
having searched through the 2003 catalog--plus recalling what I remember
seeing from ToyFair--my hopes for some neat tonal combinations were crushed
(temporarily i hope!).  Thought some more and here's the outcome (noted some
this afternoon and spent some time on Peeron.com, but just wrote the
rest...it's 4:00...i should sleep):

"the color sand red is quite possibly dead;
purple of similar shade was just briefly made;
extra light on the blue was quickly thru;
both shades of pink were gone in a wink;
pastel green and light yellow were quantitatively shallow;
the differing pinks, dark and light, were soon both out of sight,
while their sister magenta still possesses some fight;
greens of medium and pastel simply did not do favorably well;
uncommon swamp green, its lighter, and lime,
all have been doing unseemly fine;
earth orange--almost entirely found in organic pieces,
bright green--mostly around in movie-related sequences;
and, as it turns out, the sharp looking teal did not make a big enough deal."

did not include violet as well as some others...feel free to add
(I was just going to write "why couldn't have the 2x1 curve brick been made
in light pink" but just now having located the link
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/6091 I see it was...hehe.  ;-P  Silly me for not
referencing it last night. <<)

ciao&salaam
-Andrew Saada

GardenSLUG

With that said, anyone have any extra 6409-1 - Island Arcade or 6403-1 - Paradise Playground ?  Think feminine vehicle in disguise. ;-]

Well it seems I was wrong about the pinks, in brick-form that is.  I missed
this http://www.fbtb.net/ny2003/explore2.JPG until now.  However, I still
think that we could use more light pink and sand red parts!  Any thoughts??

-Andrew
who realizes that 4:00 AM Sunday morning is NOT the ideal time to post. ;-P

GardenSLUG