 General / 41541
  Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

Just a warning of a possible malicious email being sent to us. I received an email this evening: (...) with attachment titled: p250320.exe (156KB) which I promptly *DELETED* without opening. The distribution list seemed to be all regular LUGNET (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.general) !

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

Krystal here, mom's in Japan because my (step)grandfather died. Mom's email got this a couple days ago. Grandpa and Eric's email got it too. As far as I know of Eric only ever made 2 posts. Krystal "TooMuchDew" <wtoenjes@attbi.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

There was an outbreak of malicious emails being sent by BrickLink members a few weeks ago. It stopped, but for the last 2 days, I've been receiving those emails too. It mat not be BL members this time, but maybe Lugnet members. It was caused by a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

Just happened to browse .general today... Thanks for the warning! Just got one: ***DELETED*** Wonder what's up? Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

I think it's still going around. I just checking my inbox this afternoon and the sender is listed as a ''Dave''. FROM: Dave [dangerou5@btopenworld.com] TO: (a lot of e-mail addresses of people on LUGNET I know) SUBJECT: RE: Try that security patch (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

I have received it from both of the previously mentioned, and also from; X-From_: teacherdave@btopenworld.com ... FROM: "Microsoft Technical Services" <ekmjcjam-374877@bbeFIQU.com> TO: "Microsoft Corporation Customer" < > SUBJECT: Network Security (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

(...) <snip> Folks, most viruses that spread via e-mail these days, particularly the worms that plague people on Microsoft systems (Klez, et al) will not falsify the return address. In other words, you can't believe who it says it is from. When Klez (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible malicious email being sent to AFOLs

(...) Yarg! Will falsify. Will falsify. Will falsify. Typo's are the most annoying when they substantially change the meaning of a paragraph... James (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.general)