 General / 4151
    Re: Old Lego colors —Gary R. Istok
    (...) One thing that we need to remember was that in the late 50's and thru much of the 60's LEGO consisted mainly of TOWN sets . And in both Europe and USA/Canada (Samsonite) TOWN consisted of the Town Plan system. The (Samsonite) Town Plan set (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Old Lego colors —Tom McDonald
     (...) in (...) I only have one piece which I would consider "very old": it's a 1x1 round without a bottom circumference notch. I think it managed to come home with me "accidentally on purpose" when I was much younger. It is red, or close to it now, (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Old Lego colors —Tore Eriksson
    (...) This may explain why my black bricks with the old font generally grips better ans are less misshaped than my red and white ones. Maybe... :/ /Tore (25 years ago, 6-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Old Lego colors —Gary R. Istok
    (...) Tore, It is quite possible that by the time LEGO made black bricks, they started producing the ABS plastic bricks. It's possible that maybe none of the black bricks were made of Cellulose Acetate, which warped over time. Even Cellulose (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)