 General / 41505
41504  |  41506
Subject:
Nostalgia for Lego on the net
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:56:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I was browsing the Google Groups archive of the alt.toys.lego newsgroup today
and  wanted to share a few impressions.

First, the earliest messages in this group seem to be from around February of
1993, which seems like a milestone of sorts...ten years of postings about Lego
on the net!!!

Paul Gyugyi's ftp archive (ftp.earthsea.stanford) that is often mentioned in
the group is down (and has been for many years, I assume) but I wondered if
anyone has a backup of any of the files that were originally stored on it?  For
instance, for nostalgia's sake if nothing else, I would love to see this
program (written by some guy named Todd Lehman):

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=CHE4Cv.FA0%40news.cis.umn.edu

Also, I am curious about some ray-traced pictures that I have memories of from
my first exploration of Lego on the net (2nd paragraph):

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=33962

If nothing else, reading through these old postings on a.t.l suggest that this
community has a history and a basis for its traditions, and I think that's a
pretty neat thing.

Happy tenth net anniversary, Lego fans!!!

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@hotmail.com