 General / 41409
Re: Washing Legos to get rid of smoke smell
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:51:56 GMT

Hi!

I purchased some bulk Legos on eBay recently and unfortunately they
must have come from a smoking house.  Any recommendations on washing
Legos to cut this smell down?

I talked with a chemsit a few days ago about the same problem. This is what
he supposed:

1. Nicotin does not like heat, 40-50°C  is nice for the water. That temp
should not do any harm to the bricks.

2. Nicotin is a kind of oil. Adding vinegar to the water (1:5) is also
helpful.

leave in a covered bin over night and use rinse(?) well with water after a
day.

Reg.
Matthias