 General / 41075
Re: buckets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:25:39 GMT

Actually, they're both pretty good value.
The 4107 is 1000 pieces, not 600 and it's not too bad. Obviously, it's not
quite as good as the classic 3033 (it has more smaller bricks and not as
many larger 1 x 8's etc), but it does have gray, dark gray and tan as well
as a selection of plates.
The inventory for it can be found here -
http://peeron.com/inv/sets/4107-1?withpics=yes
Personally, I like both of them and have bought quite a few of both
tubs/buckets.

Richard.

"Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Since I was early to meet my family at the skating rink, I stopped off
at Target hoping that perhaps some old 8880 sets may have materialized
(hey, gotta fantasize about something!).  I must admit that the
Megablocks models looked more interesting, but I was really there to
look at the bucket options.  I wish I had bought more 3033's when they
were available (don't we all), but I did look at the 4105 and 4107
buckets and was wondering people's opinion about them.

I noticed that 4105 had 500 pieces/$10 and 4107 had 600 pieces/$20.
Did I misread that?  Why such a large discrepancy in price/piece?  The
4105 seems like a good price point (almost as good as 3033).  How's
the part mix?  I may get shot for bringing more buckets of Lego's
home, but at $10 a pop, I could probably sneak some 4105's home every
now and then.