 General / 40647
Re: Bridge Elements Won't Click
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:45:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erick Jensen writes:
In lugnet.general, David Schilling writes:
Has anyone else had problems with the vertical bridge elements?
(http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30517, these are in a number of the studio
sets, and also in the new bridge elements <set:10045>) I wanted to build
something a little sturdier than just using a single vertical lattice tower,
but I couldn't get them to attach to a brick or plate when I put them back
to back!

What's going on here? Is their base bigger than a 2x2? It doesn't look like it.

Mine click together side by side just fine.  But the pic out of peeron you
linked to isn't what mine look like.  Mine have a peg on the tops, centered
between all 4 studs on the top.  The pegs fit inside the underside of bricks
fine, but you can't put a plate on it, does that make sense?  So anyways, if
all yours have no peg on them, perhaps you got rejects or bad molds.  Mine
came that way from the movie studio, and a copy of vampires crypt, brand
new, so I assume they are the standard.  All of them are like that.  I think
you got some screwy peices.

Hmmm. Mine (from 10045) have neither of those problems. The top "brick"
section is hollow, as are the studs, with strengthening flanges up the
sides, and they fit together side-by-side no worries, and no problem
attaching plates to the top.

Regards

ROSCO