 General / 40414
Re: Best of 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 02:10:10 GMT

    What?!  The Galidor sets are sooo sweet, PLUS they have awesome pieces...
I think it's a good thing I have my address listed as confidential, otherwise
I'd get mailbombs.
    Seriously though, I have to agree with you, Bruce, about the Blacksmith's
Shop.  The whole MOC concept combined with Dan's great set make it my #1 choice
for 2002.
    I think the stubby legs are a good start on making some very nice minifigs,
but they lack so much by being unbendable.  My hopes are that they'll be like
the old minifigs that used to not have limbs or even faces.  Eventually they
improved and became what we've known for 25 years.  Perhaps 2003 will introduce
sitting/bending short legs.  LEGO has already introduced those nifty NBA legs
in the beginning of 2003.  Hopefully summer releases will fulfil my want.
    For my favorite piece, I'd have to say the Yoda head.  Is there anyone who
didn't experience a joygasm the first time they saw the Jedi Duel set?  I guess
my vote is just a torso away from yours Bruce.
    David