 General / 40403
40402  |  40404
Subject:
Best of 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:12:42 GMT

Hi all,

There are some similar threads on the fbtb forums, but I thought I'd see
what responses I'd get here.  Now that the year is over, we can look back
with some perspective on the years releases.  So, two questions:

1.  What was your favorite new set of 2002?

2.  What was your favorite new element of 2002?

By "2002" I mean actual 2002 releases.  I know that some of the January 2003
sets were in stores last month, and I know that some of the January 2002
sets were in stories at the end of 2001, but ones that would have the year
2002 in the lugnet set guide.
Also, exclude rereleases and Legends.  Pretty much by definition these
should count among the top releases as they are pulled from the best of past
years.

My votes:

Best set:  MOC Blacksmith's Shop--both for the set itself and the
introduction of the MOC line.

Best element:  Stubbies--best addition to the minifig since they started
making heads with faces other than the classic smiley.

Bruce