 General / 39949
Re: LEGO parts/set database program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:57:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
Hello,

Does anybody know of a program that can make me a database for all my LEGO
parts and sets?
I have two programs today; MusicCollector and MovieCollector made by
Collectorz.com. I want to have features in the program like the
MovieCollector have;

* add parts with part number, color and quantities and maybe a picture of it
or link to peeron.com
* add sets with setnumber, all pieces in the set listed with number, color
and quantities and links to lugnet or other webpages for more info about the
set.
* make statistics of total number of pieces, number off pieces in one color,
off one type eg. Technic Beam or Technic Pin
* adding links from "set page" to web pages like peeron or lugnet for parts
and instructions.
* Info about where each type of parts is located in your storage system.
* other info?

Briktrak http://www.briktrak.com can do most of what you want here. Note
that it uses the peeron set database, so set inventories are only as good as
what's there (which is pretty darn good and getting better!)

ROSCO