 General / 39946
39945  |  39947
Subject:
LEGO parts/set database program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 21:39:21 GMT

Hello,

Does anybody know of a program that can make me a database for all my LEGO
parts and sets?
I have two programs today; MusicCollector and MovieCollector made by
Collectorz.com. I want to have features in the program like the
MovieCollector have;

* add parts with part number, color and quantities and maybe a picture of it
or link to peeron.com
* add sets with setnumber, all pieces in the set listed with number, color
and quantities and links to lugnet or other webpages for more info about the
set.
* make statistics of total number of pieces, number off pieces in one color,
off one type eg. Technic Beam or Technic Pin
* adding links from "set page" to web pages like peeron or lugnet for parts
and instructions.
* Info about where each type of parts is located in your storage system.
* other info?

In Movie Collector I enter the movie title and the program look at the
imdb.com (Internet Movie DataBase) and other webpages with movie info and
retrieves all the info I need of the film from those pages and adds a link
to those pages for future references.
I would like to have it like that in my "Lego Collector" program too. So
when I buy a new set, I can just add the set number and the program search
the web for info about it and retrieves set inventory list from peeron.com,
downloads instruction manual from lugnet and so on...

This program would be nice to use for organizing your LEGO collection. And
if you want to build a set you can print out the parts needed and pluck that
from your storage system.

Is there a program out there that function like this or close to this?
If not, anyone that can make a program like that? :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix