 General / 39693
Re: After tanksgiving sale (Walmart)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:41:19 GMT

Dan, do you know the number for the set you referenced (Wal*Mart 500 pc. @ $10.)

I agree with Dan, this *WAS* NOT a good sale.  Last year and the previous
(they were the same set, repackaged and renumbered from #4285) was a better
deal.  It was promoted as CLASSIC one year and CREATOR the other... 254
pieces for $4 during the 2000 promo season and $5 during the 2001 promo
season.  Two years ago we bought about 160 tubs; last year we bought just
over 1,000... this year I'm glad to report that we bought one (1).

Math shows a lot, but consumer confidence and happiness in this sale shows
more... over 1160 tubs sold to one consumer in two years versus ONE (1) sold
this year... :-)!

Save your money!

Steven

P.S. - If you are in dire need of this because your Wal*Mart sold out, I
would be happy to pick-up a few for someone.  The price is $5.50 (added
$0.20) plus shipping.  Just extending an offer.  I know all four Wal*Marts
in my area are stacked to the ceiling.

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dan Thompson writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Erick Jensen writes:
I'm curious.  That's a good per-brick price, but is this considered a really
good deal? • -snip
In lugnet.general, Mark Peterson writes:
On Friday the 29th from 6-11am Wal-Mart has Lego Bucket Nos. 7831 or 4084
for $5.00 each. • -snip
Set 7831 is a Small Red Creator Bucket with 200 pcs.
-snip

IMO that is not at all a good deal.  Walmart also carries a bucket of 500
pieces for ten dollars that has tan and brown bricks.  Unless you need the
orange bricks this would seem to be a waste.  The math says it better than I
can though.

200+200=400 @ $10,  500 @ $10
I hope other stores will have something better.  This won't get me to Walmart.
-Suvied