 General / 39601
Re: Slopes: 25 degree or 33?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:54:41 GMT

Taking a number of roof bricks then measuring would give you the
mathematical angle of 31 degrees. I could do a picture if you want....

Duq

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message
Have you tried to make the readings with *a roof*?
I mean, not an isolated slope - but a number of them in sequence. I figure
that you may read an angle closer to 33º if you try it that way. That • would
be caused by the slight "step" (~1mm) on the base of each slope part, • which
would never allow the traced line on Photoshop/other to fit the individual
slopes, instead being tangent to each slope on the little "step".

I am not sure of this, though. In any case, it does not matter that much • the
name of the part (I figure more people know it as the 33º than as the 25º,
but I can be wrong), as long as we differ it from the 45º and all others • in
a recognizeable way.

HTH,

Pedro