 General / 39586
Re: Need Lego pro's help to ID set having pieces with "28" printed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:25:16 GMT

Thanks Richie, Stefan, and (by e-mail) Jonathan for ID'ing 8808 (Technic
F1 Racer), 6973 (Ice Planet space ship), and 1990/6503/6604 (three small
cars).

I had a real blind spot for the Technic sets and didn't give them a
second thought.  I would never have found that one!

Thanks for the good work, and using my poor descriptions too!

I'm left with one small mystery that I'll probably have to live with --
why do I have a fourth "28" sticker that is on one of the translucent
orange windshields that I need for the Ice Planet ship?  The 8808 F1
Racer looks like it has only three "28" pieces but I've got four!  Maybe
there was an extra sticker and someone was jazzing up a custom built
vehicle?  Who knows!  But I'm very glad to know what to try to make out
of most of the remaining pieces!

Wayne

Richie Dulin wrote:

In lugnet.general, Wayne Mills writes:

I need help trying to solve a Lego mystery.  Probably easy for many of
you Lego
experts.  I have an orange, translucent windshield with a red sticker
with #28
on it.  Also a couple tall flat pieces with a #28 on it, and a fourth piece
with a #28 on it is a small sloped piece like is often used on the front
end of
a race car.  These pieces were among a pile of Legos I purchased in bulk
form.  Several of the other recognizable sets I've pulled from the bulk pile
were approximately 10 years old, so that could be the timeframe for this set
too.

Looks like it could be from a race car, or maybe a space ship racer, or
something like that.  Anyone know what set it would be from?

Easy! http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8808

Cheers

Richie