 General / 39310
Re: lugnet in Swedish Computer magazine "Mikrodatorn"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:03:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anders Isaksson writes:
(4) "The most remarkable thing is that this completely hobbyist-based
organisation surpasses all, to me, known commercial web organisations. I
have in fact never seen a company that has a comparable offering, with
respect to service and scope."

(5) "The only wish would be a prettier, more clear, home page. This is
obviously a gang that puts function before form. Unfortunately the reverse
seems to be true for most companies building up a web presence."

That's always been my feeling, but at the same time, what I expect from this
group. I remember a question on the Fibblesnork survey (IIRC) which asked
something along the lines of "What do you think of the Lego website?", and
one of the responses was "The Lego website will never be as good as
fan-created sites". All I could say was how could the Lego company ever even
remotely HOPE that their site could surpass Lego-fan sites? Here's a product
which clearly encourages its audience to build and be creative in their free
time. It's what we *like* to do. There will invariably be people in this
hobby who are creative, thorough, and perfectionistic. Not to mention the
fact that we have a pretty high programmer/geek percentage who can put this
stuff up online. To me, it's always been an inevitability rather than a
suprise :)

DaveE