 General / 39294
39293  |  39295
Subject:
Griffon Mark II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 19:34:18 GMT

I've had it in my head ever since I released the first images of my griffon oh
so long ago.  People seemed to love my griffon, all except the static nature of
the wings.  So last night I worked on that.  I don't have more pictures right
now, but I hope to have more, better quality pictures sometime soon.

The original Griffon design:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/griffon/griffonstanding3.jpg

The Griffon Mark II:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/griffon2/griffonmarkii.jpg

I realize some of you may not seen any difference, but I assure you, this guy
has been under an enormous redesign.  I practically rebuilt the wings from
scratch.

Improvements include:

-More feathers
-More movement for the feathers
-More streamlined look for the wing bases
-Horizontal movement given to wings (wings can now move forward and backward)
-Wings can be posed from backward, parallel to the body to about 15 degrees
    forward of perpendicular to the body
-When the wings are perfectly horizontal, they can be folded over the back of
    the griffon to give an 'at rest' wing pose

Questions and Comments are welcomed.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros