 General / 38982
38981  |  38983
Subject:
The benefits of counting the parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:05:07 GMT

What is the benefits of counting all the parts you have in your collection?

What can you do better if you have the number of parts you have?

I have now tried to sort the parts, and found that if I can sort them out so
that I have each type of brick in its own little box (or shelf in a big
system) it is easyer to build when you now where everything are.
But now I'm lacking of shelf/boxes to put them in.

And to the counting of parts. I dont see the benefits.
But I'm probably have to do it now before the collection gets bigger. Its
probably easyer to add the numbers in a database when you have bught a new
set. But now I dont see why I have to count each part....

The only reason must be so I could brag about how many parts I have  :)

I'm probably going to count the parts just for the fun of it anyway, and for
making a nice database with tables and statistics of difrent types....
I already have MovieCollector and MusicCollector that is database program
for keeping track of all your movies and music CD/tapes/LP. Maybe sombody
out there have made a LegoCollector program??

Leg Godt
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix