 General / 38970
Re: "metalic" colors question...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 23:49:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
How many different "metalic" type finishes and colors are there for lego • parts?
So far, I know of:
Chrome Silver (e.g. large chrome longswords, chrome
harpoons/knives/crystals from aquazone)
Chrome Gold (e.g. gold coins from pirates etc, gold visors from spaceport)
Chrom Blue (e.g. visors from Life On Mars)
Flat Siver (e.g. wheels from 8448/8466, silver champion parts, "silver"
ribbed hoses from various places)
Flat Gold (e.g. gold parts from C-3P0, gold head and disk from Millenium
Throwbot)
Flat Green (e.g. green parts from 8466)
Plus, there is that new fangled color from the Santa-Fe cars.
And I think I remember seeing a Chrome Green somewhere but I cant remember
where (Rock Raiders?)

Chrome green crystals were hidden inside the dark two-piece boulders in
Space Port.

Are there any other colors that could be considered "metalic"?

The flat silver bricks used in the glider in #1374 Green Goblin.

Dave

The Snitch in the new potter sets includes a 1x1 flat round metalic gold. It
looks pretty decent, good for a Bag End big brass doorknob!
~Evan Butzlaff