 General / 38873
    NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled —Brendan Powell Smith
   With these new images of the upcoming LEGO NBA basketball sets, it seems that the issue of minifig skintone has been put to rest. Those of us holding out for darker-colored minifigs will have to settle for making these ourselves out of rare parts (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled —Brendan Powell Smith
     It also seems strange that no effort was made to make it look like these guys are wearing shorts instead of full-length pants. Minifig shorts would have been cool -- even spring-loaded ones. @8^) -Rev. Smith (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled —Adrian Drake
     (...) Soccer players wear shorts too, and no effort was made to make them look like that either. I can understand, though, as it'd be difficult to print the shorts color on yellow legs all the way around, and nigh impossible to do multi-color cast (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled —Brendan Powell Smith
     (...) Good points. I guess another option would have been for them to use yellow legs with colored hip pieces, but it might be too disturbing to think of all these men running around in thongs... I guess pants were the way to go afterall. -Rev. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled —Travis Kunce
   A few years ago I posted an article to alt.toys.lego about this very subject. I was inquiring as to the seeming whiteness of the lego minifig. Truthfully I was just bored and trolling to see if anyone else had ever really put the question out. The (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: NBA LEGO: Minifig skintone issue apparent;y settled —Erick Jensen
   Here's my old opinion. I never really pondered on this topic too long, didn't really matter in my youth, legos were legos. But now that I think about it, my quick judgment would be this: I think the singular race of minifigs reflected the area where (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.general)