 General / 38868
Re: basketball, mini-star-wars, Adventures Palace, Yeti &Bionicle Hockey { :Re: Sets de 2003}
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:18:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.pt, Scott Arthur writes:
Thanks for these

The basketball sets look wild:
http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/basketball.jpg

Yeah! I wonder how does that leg mechanism work?

The mini-star-wars are also pretty cool:
http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/ministarwars.jpg

A tie bomber:
http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/4479.jpg

So much for fbtb teaser pic... :-S

Adventures Palace:
http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/orient.jpg

A "Yeti":
http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/7412.jpg

These sets are great, aren't they? I'm thinking of buying them for the
elephants alone, but the roof parts will be a lot useful for Moorish palaces.

Kinda nice to know LEGO has come up with India for this theme. One would
think there were more obvious choices (China comes to mind), but this is
just the kind of surprise that I like :-)

Bionicle Hockey?
http://home.t-online.de/home/gierse-gmbh/bilder/news2003/hockey.jpg

Maybe more will be revealed later on? I suppose the present data is not
sufficient for me to understand exactly how this "theme" works "properly".
Speculating, I'd say this is a new approach to the "play" themes (football +
basketball), only without minifigs.

Pedro