 General / 3885
Re: LEGO in the grocery aisle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:32:42 GMT

Interesting - the Kroger grocery store around the corner from my house has
had some LEGO sets in the cereal aisle (of all places) for a couple of
months.  They had a bi-wing blaster, an insectoid set, and a small Ninja
set.  When I first saw them I figured they must have picked some surplus
from a toy wholesaler or something so I expected them to be discounted.
Their prices were $1-$2 higher than Wal-Mart!  I first noticed them around
Christmas when they had quite a few of them.  Over the months the pile has
dwindled so now there are only one or two of each set.  Somebody is buying
them although I don't know why at the price.

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh