 General / 38489
  Re: Giant LEGO Mosaic event in Austin, Texas

This is an interesting community project, indeed. I have a couple of comments after reading the description and seeing the pic: 1) The description said over 600 large gray baseplates were used, yet the mosaic appears to be smooth? How were the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Giant LEGO Mosaic event in Austin, Texas

(...) It wasn't smooth. It was just so large that it appears that way! The baseplates were used in a normal manner, they were laid down stud-side up, and then 2x4's were snapped on top. BTW, the whole thing was made from 2x4's. They did bring a few (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Giant LEGO Mosaic event in Austin, Texas

(...) TJ is right of course, I just wanted to offer a bit more proof. Now that the folder has been moderated, I can show you this picture: (URL)2) A mosaic that size, and the 'pixel' size used appears to be huge! I'm (...) Only other thing I can add (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Giant LEGO Mosaic event in Austin, Texas

(...) Yep, me too. Were there other TEXLUG'ers there on Sunday? I think I was the only one on Sat. TJ (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Giant LEGO Mosaic event in Austin, Texas

(...) I was there on Sunday from about 12:30-2:00. I brought the family, but the kids had enough Lego after about 1 1/2 hours (can't understand why :), so we had to leave. Otherwise, I was planning on helping with the breakdown :< Ron (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)