 General / 38180
    Re: A good LEGO anecdote, and a bad one (A warning about buying Monster Studios sets) —Kerry Raymond
   (...) manner, (...) to (...) In theory, yes, but in practice? My feeling is that persons of low morals would simply rip open the box, shove the contents into their pockets/undergarments, and then discard the box somewhere in the store (out of sight) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A good LEGO anecdote, and a bad one (A warning about buying Monster Studios sets) —A. Mark Wilburn
   (...) What I figured what Troy meant was that people were buying the set, taking it home and deconstructing the box there and then re-gluing it (something that had never occurred to me before... and apparently not to you either, or many of us here). (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A good LEGO anecdote, and a bad one (A warning about buying Monster Studios sets) —Kerry Raymond
   (...) or (...) Ah, very true. Clearly I am not cut out for a life of crime, as I lack the imagination :-) Kerry (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: A good LEGO anecdote, and a bad one (A warning about buying Monster Studios sets) —A. Mark Wilburn
   (...) Just because that sort of theft hadn't occurred to either of us doesn't mean we lack imagination (hey, we build moc's right?!). It means the theives lack morals. Mark W. (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.general)