 General / 37925
Re: Lego Newbie :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 22:55:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kourtney Rodefeld writes:
Hey all :)  I am new to the world of collecting legos, so I hope I don't ask
anything silly, hehe.  I've just got two quick questions though.

Welcome and Howdy-do.

First off, there are these sort of collector sets I have seen with the lego
figures on a stand.  I have seen them for both star wars and other sets.  A
picture can be found at:

http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_53914cc0532a00d324bce4e6d260196e/i-1.JPG

My question is though, do those little guys come off the stands?  Or are
they permanent display items?  Although I wouldn't need a reason to take
them off, I am just curious.  There is one set of regular lego people I am
looking at.  :)

The figures do come off the stands.  The stands all have four regular sized
studs on them that the mini-figs can stand on.  The figs themselves are
normal figs.

Also, are there other lego communities too besides the lugnet mailing list?
Preferrably an online bulletin board/forum system?  That I'm just curious
about.  I'm trying to learn as much as I can by reading what people have to
say.  :)  But this one still rocks!

You can find an online forum dedicated to animation with LEGO via the main
link at www.brickfilms.com.  There's also the newsgroup at rec.toys.lego
that can be accessed via groups.google.com (or a newsreader).  And of course
if you haven't explored all the groups available through LUGNET you can
always start at news.lugnet.com and check things out here via the web
interface as is my preferred method.

Anyhoo, any info would be great.  I've been lurking around the mailing list
for a while but figured it was time to join in, as I am really starting to get
into Legos.  :D

Have fun!

Greg