 General / 37760
    More Super Chief Registry Spam? —Rob Doucette
   I received an e-mail from landrewr@charter.net (L. Andrew Reynolds? this e-mail address is also listed on the registry page), the subject line is "Hello,superchief,qu...ionnaire", there is an attachment: Gh.bat This is the second piece of junk mail (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: More Super Chief Registry Spam? —James Trobaugh
     Hmmm, interesting. I've never been spammed from the list yet. Is it possible someone has your superchief email address in their address book and a virus got it from there? I doubt anyone is farming the registry for emails to send email worms to. jt (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

         Re: More Super Chief Registry Spam? —Rob Doucette
     (...) I doubt anyone has that e-mail address (could be)... it is only used for the registry. I've never received a legitimate message to that address. Someone theorized that it may be a virus crawling through someone's browser cache. I find it odd (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: More Super Chief Registry Spam? —Rob Doucette
   (...) And another one from Coondog123@aol.com with a *.pif attachment, subject: ACCESSKEY. -Rob. (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: More Super Chief Registry Spam? —Tom Stangl
   Rob, This is simply the Klez virus harvesting email addresses from the SC Registry pages cached in IE, from a user that uses Outlook Express for their email program. It's not SPAM, per se, it's a virus doing its' work. See symantec.com, mcafee.com, (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.general)

        RE: Virus (was More Super Chief Registry Spam?) —Rob Doucette
   (...) Right, I thought the first incident might have been SPAM, and I've kept appending to that message... should've changed the subject line. Shouldn't other SC registrants also be receiving this message? -Rob. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.general)