 General / 37693
Re: BUILDER'S BLOCK - AHHHHHHHHH!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:10:32 GMT

That's a plan I like to use too.  I'll just dip into a bunch of little
parts, often Technic, or even just plain o'l bulk 2x4's and 1x2's and just
goof around.  Something enviably pops up and often times I'll say "Humm ...
this might have a use?"  (builders instinct???) It's just not always
apparent what that thing could be used for but very often it finds itself in
something.

The point is to get those neurons in your brain doing something other than
mope.

--
Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/

"Eric DeGiuli" <edegiuli@DIESPAMcogeco.ca> wrote in message
No one else seems to have suggested this, but it always works for me:

Start with a *limited* amount of pieces.  I always find that necessity
breeds invention, though others may disagree.  With me, I have my pieces
mostly sorted, but there is a large leftover box of miscellanous • specialized
pieces.  Sometimes I just take some of these pieces and come up with
something small that gives me an idea for a large MOC.  Using this method,
I've come up with a lot of interesting roof/window designs. (I'm something
of an architecture nut)  I'll be able to elaborate more in about a week or
so when I get pics of my new MOC up...

Other times, I just take the pieces from one set and play with them until • I
come up with something.

Hope you get inspired, somehow!

Eric DeGiuli
http://home.cogeco.ca/~edegiuli/

"Matt Sekerak" <matthew.sekerak@verizon.net> wrote in message
Geez I hate this...I have a bunch of days off, containers full of brick, • and
no ideas.  I have watched every sci-fi DVD I own and browsed for hours
through Brickshelf and Lugnet for inspiration...I'm without revelation! • How
does everybody else deal with these blank episodes?  Share your • remedies,
I'm curious.  Any requests?  What does the galaxy need?  =o/

-Matt