 General / 37436
  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) I bought the 7825 in Copenhagen last week, although is was numbered 4179 (but the bricks inside is exactly the same as depicted on the 7825 picture). A very good selection of bricks, but the price (appx. $45) is very high - as are all other (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) I just noticed, that the partsref 3004 1x2 bricks was in 2 different versions in this box: all blue and yellow 1x2's was with a hollow inner pin, while all other colors had the usual solid pin. Are this TLC trying to save some plastic? A few (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) My guess is increasingly poor quality control. -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) A few micrograms per brick adds up, so that would be my guess. The solid pin examples are probably molds that are being worked to their end of life (the savings is not enough to justify ditching a perfectly good mold, I suspect, but enough to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) I'm in agreement there. I'd bet the new mold is being used for the new parts. But I've had 1xn bricks in both "styles" appear in the same set before; I had merely assumed that they were depleting old stock that was already molded. But maybe it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Creator Buckets - Purple & Orange

(...) Hasn't the same transition happened with plates as well? Old plates had solid innertubes, whereas newer ones have hollow tubes. I have both types in my bins. (Assuming we're talking about the same phenomenon.) I always thought this was due to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)