 General / 37406
37405  |  37407
Subject:
More new sets each year
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:20:12 GMT

We all have seen the number of new sets progress each year.

Given our budgets it may be considered a leverage to have Town Jr, Racers I,
Bionicle, Galidor and such in the line-up, but still it gets harder each
year to keep up with the pace even to pick out just the good sets.

This holds now more than ever, with product development by LEGO Direct
gaining momentum, most of which we can't afford to ignore (looking back 10
years from now, would you want to have passed on the Santa Fe or the
Sopwith?) and at the same time can't afford to buy all (looking from the
eyes of your NLSO).

This made me wonder if anyone did the actual math and graphs. I'm curious to
see a simple plot of the number of new sets each year since the 1950's.

Harder but very interesting would be the total price of all new sets of each
year, both absolute and corrected for inflation.

In such a plot, each of us could draw their own budget line and see what
percentage of the new sets are allowed within that budget... a figure
probably decreasing every year.

Has anybody done this?

Eric Brok
LEGO on my mind