 General / 37287
Re: Miniland Marina at Legoland, CA review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:56:30 GMT

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:20:25 GMT, "Larry Pieniazek"
<lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Hey all,
Well I took the family to Legoland today and was hoping to get a good look
at the new Miniland Marina they have there (thanks to Conrad Frank for
pointing it out). I was very anxious to see it for myself. I was pretty
impressed with it, I had alot of fun with the boats and so did my son. I did
a review of it over on my site, please check it out --

http://www.landofbricks.com

I put up pictures (with more to come) and all of my thoughts on it. Please
take a look and let me know what you think.

I have seen these tugboat attractions at other (non LEGO) theme parks.
Although I could be wrong, it kind of looks like they are using the hulls
from the standard attraction but with a LEGO(r) superstructure, which is a
nice twist, and a practical way to do it

Did you happen to get a picture of a control stand? That would be a clear
clue as to whether this is a full custom or a semicustom.

Yes, they do appear to be standard-issue hulls and electronics. I saw
them builing these in the model shop on one of my previous visits. I
may have a picture through the model shop window. Let me know if you
want me to look for it...

Here are some pictures from my visit, with one shot of the controls,
though one of my boys is in front of it...