 General / 37023
Re: has anyone every visited the Lego shop in Downtown Disney?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:58:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Adam Angle writes:
I am taking a trip to Disney Land next week, and I noticed that in Downtown
Disney there is a Lego shop. I was wondering if anyone else had ever been
there, and what they thought of it.

I was just there last weekend. My fiancee and I have annual passes to the
Disneyland Resort.

The Store is ok. They had most of the current line up. including stuff
that's usually SAH exclusive like guarded inns, the town legends (sorry
can't recall the names/numbers), the sculptures (including I think the
discontinued ones like the statue of Liberty and minifig). They also had the
$50 monsters set and the sail board xtreme set.

In the lobby is a big Jango Fett sculpture, not sure if it's the one from
the Star Wars Celebration or just a lookalike. I have pictures of Jango, the
monsters set, and the xtreme display they had set up. Let me know if you
want them and I'll throw them on Brickshelf when I get home from work.

On a non Lego note, Disneyland was more crowded than we thoughy it was going
to be on a weekend before most schools got out. That was a little annoying.
On the plus side Splash Mountain was re-opened with the newly designed logs.
Only five passengers per log instead of as many as seven or eight. This
tends to make the line times go up. At least it seems to. When my party of 5
got in the line the posted stand-by time was 100 minutes. It took us less
than 60. I think they're padding the posted line times until they figure out
how long it takes with the new logs.

California Adventure was not very crowded when we went there. Our usual
procedure is to start at Disneyland then move to Califonia Adventure when
Disneyland crowds up in the early afternoon.

Have Fun

Matt