 General / 36996
Re: Legends Newsgroup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 12:59:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ian Constable writes:
Isn't it time we had a LEGO Legends newsgroup? There could be speculation
about which set we think will be next, and which set we think should be
next(and personal pleas to TLC about that favorite set of ours we all have).
Or is there already one and I just haven't noticed?
Ian

   I'm firmly against the idea of having a separate .legends newsgroup.
   Discussion is already fruitful in the ng's where it occurs, and I
   haven't seen any indication that anyone has short-circuited discussion
   because it's off-topic for where it goes.  I'm afraid that a .legends
   subgroup would just lead to more fracture of the general discourse--
   and I don't think the volume of traffic quite warrants such a thing
   yet.

   LFB