 General / 36920
Re: My recent eBay purchase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Chris Dee wrote:

In lugnet.general, Michael Huffman writes:
The other unusal part is a red mini-fig head without any markings.  Might
this have come from a Homemaker set?  If so, anyone know which one?

Thanks in advance!
--Mike.

This part was found in set #215 (Red Indians), if that helps.

It was also in a Homemaker set which seems a tad more likely in
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/277

Thanks Chris & Frank.  I did some more research after posting the question and
stumbled on the Indian set... However, nothing else in the parts lot points to
it.  Frank might be right, it might be the fireplace set...

As for the green fence:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3185

I have never seen that in green in a TLC set so I would suspect clone,
especially since you have other clone bricks in the lot.

If this is true, then it begs the question of which clone brand made it?  Funny
thing is, all the clone bricks in the lot were the typical 70's LEGO colors
-- red, blue, yellow, white, no black, & no green, except for the fence pieces.
The clone bricks have Technic style studs on top, with X's instead of O's on
the bottom.  No visible brand name on the bricks themselves.  Anyone have an
idea or should I cross post this to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands?

Thanks!
--Mike.