 General / 36728
36727  |  36729
Subject:
My Mom and Dad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 04:34:21 GMT

This probably belongs in off-topic, but since it involves LEGOs I figured it
couldn't hurt to put this here.  If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

Well, it's finally here.  In less than twelve hours I will be walking across
the stage of Reed Arena and will have become an official graduate of Texas A&M
University.  It's taken me five long years, but I'm gonna do it.  My grades
have been cleared, my cap and gown are pressed, I'm ready to go.

But as I make myself ready for the first day of the rest of my life, I feel
obligated to thank my mother and father for all that they have done for me.  I
feel it necessary to publically thank them for all that they have strived to do
for me.  I realize there are other forums out there that I could utilize, but
you lugnetters, all of us are like a family.  True, I don't know most of you,
and know the faces of even fewer, but we all here in Lugnet share the same
thing in common.  And so I can think of no other better place than this forum
to make such a statement, if not to the world, then to the world of friends I
have here.

So I thank you Mom and Dad, for being there for me all the 22 some odd years of
my life.  I thank you for backing me up on all my zany ideas, and helping me
through all the bumps in the road of my life.  And I thank you both for not
hindering me for my love of lego.  I thank you for not questioning my sanity
for playing with the toy, or trying to convince me to take up another hobby.  I
thank you, Mom, for trying, albeit in vain, to find me great deals on lego in
TRU, or looking out for the occassional yard sale.  I thank you, Mom, for
making the endless (one flight) walk up the stairs to my room to view my latest
creation, and showing interest, even if it is just pretend, in what I have
done.  I thank you, Dad, for allowing me to borrow your digital camera for
weeks on end so that I might add to my website, and for spending hours on ebay
trying to get for your son the lego sets of old that he so loves.  I thank you,
Dad, for being  so proud of me that you would show off my website and what I
have done to your co-workers.

I thank you both, for supporting me through everything, even though you don't
always understand why I do the many things I do.

And with that done, I go to bed.  I go to bed to wake up and get ready, for at
9 am central US time, I'll be at my ceremony, ready to cease being just a poor
college student and become just another bum... ok, I don't plan to be
unemployed forever :)

I wish all of you lugnet graduates and your families a great graduation day and
a safe trip home.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

Oh, and I have one last thing to say.  I thank you, Lugnet, for letting a sappy
soul ramble on for a few minutes.