 General / 36692
Re: So close but yet so far ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 12:33:31 GMT

In article <GvIoBM.HK6@lugnet.com>,
Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote:
particularly with two signficiant unknowns:

Unknowns?! Bah. I live in Atlanta, let me clear these up for you:

Atlanta traffic

Sucks.

and Atlanta Hartsfield Airport Security.

Sucks.

There. Now these are no longer unknown. :) Seriously, neither is actually
that bad, but both know when you're in a hurry and hobble you with computer-
like efficiency.

#4:  On Tuesday I had a meeting in San Jose after which I had to travel to
Washington DC for a meeting on Wednesday morning (ooh, I love the red-eye).
The best route from San Jose to DC for a loyal American Airlines flyer like
me was through LAX.  Now I realize it is still a drive from LAX to LEGOLand,
however, this was as close to LEGOLand as I have been since I was there 18
months ago.  Had my San Jose meeting been earlier, I might have tried to
make a go for it (my flight from LAX to DC left at 11:00 PM) but then I
recalled that LEGOLand isn't open on Tuesday and Wednesday anymore so it was
a moot point anyway.

My uncle lives about ten miles from LAX... took me about two hours to drive
from his place to Legoland. It's not a short drive in the airline-stopover
sense of the word, and, well, you'd probably want to spend some time there
anyhow. :) It's pretty much required to be a day, once you've added in
fun problems like renting a car and not wanting to ever go home.

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
jd@forinash.not                                  ( <