 General / 3637
Re: Cancelling posts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:07:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tim Courtney wrote:
Oops.. I accidentally hit enter before ready to post on that last one.. so
since I don't know how to cancel, could someone please explain it so I can
cancel this and so I know for future reference in case I do this again?

Hmmm...  Judging from your message headers, you might be using Netscape as
your news client.  (1)  If that is the case, it's easy:  right-click on your
message, and select "Cancel Message".

I'm using the web interface...funny.

1.  Says "Mozilla", anyways.  It also says "MSIE 5.0".  An MS product trying
to masquerade as Netscape?  Is this evil or okay?  Arg.

I don't know.  I'm posting to the web interface from MSIE 5, so go figure.
Um, how do you cancel through the web interface??

I asked Todd about this once a little while back. Utilizing the web interface
itself, there currently is no way to cancel messages.

-Tom McD.