 General / 36318
  Re: Registered Mail went missing!

(...) What you are getting with Registered mail is that the item is shipped in a locked container. This means only postal employees ever have any chance of handling it. It doesn't really confer any additional services (there are other services for (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Registered Mail went missing!

(...) That is true, but there is more to it than just that. I just called the local postmaster to confirm my understanding about how 'registered' mail is handled. Registered mail has to be signed off at each step of the way. Each office that (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Registered Mail went missing!

(...) USPS Form 542: "Inquiry About a Registered Article or an Insured Parcel or an Ordinary Article" must be filed to trace the package. I currently have an insured package MIA to the Netherlands. I filed the form over a month ago and am still (...) (23 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shipping)