 General / 36149
Re: opinions sought on selling a mass amount of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:02:19 GMT

I work at home on my computer too. I also build legos in my office, because
I'm into Mindstorms. I thought maybe I could build the robots downstairs,
and bring them to the office only for programming, but that doesn't really
work. Also, some of the newer kits only have instructions on the computer,
such as Droid Developer Kit and the Ultimate Builder Set. And I also like to
build lego robotics mechanisms I read about on the net, and need the pictures.

But it is a tremendous distraction to have them in the room while I'm trying
to work. It helps to box them all up in their Plano boxes and stack them up
with the least useful parts on top. Now if I could only make Lugnet
unavailable during working hours...

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Erik Olson writes:
A parallel. Lego on my desk stopped me from writing computer games. Recently
I have admitted that I will not be starting a software company, ever. In
fact Lego became the outlet for my creative efforts sometime in 1998. It
became clear to me that its appeal was on account of my day job being
utterly boring. • <snip>
In the new house, Lego is strictly downstairs and computers strictly
upstairs. Oh, there are some brown Intelliblocks upstairs impersonating a
waterfowl, but that's ok. By the way, this also means there is no Internet
access downstairs. Could be a good thing. I had a very good 30 minute study
the other day in the Lego room. Also, in future, no wandering onto Lugnet
(or email) to interrupt building.