 General / 36142
  Disturbing use of Lego

I thought this should be brought to people attention. I believe everyone should express himself or herself in art, but I personally did not for this, because it takes away the innocence and fun of Lego. (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Disturbing use of Lego

(...) The point of the artist was as far as I remember to remind us that even as "innocent" things as toys can be used to create horrible things. He may have a point, but he is an awfull craftsman. Play well, Jacob -- (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Disturbing use of Lego

I believe this to be an excellent use of Lego. Disturbing, yes, but excellently done. The models seem to be very good, it gave me a deep feeling of sorrow and pain. This feeling was not at the use of Lego but at the scenes they depict. Lego bricks (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny)

  Re: Disturbing use of Lego

(...) I recall his point to have been that toys create an unrealistic, soft-edged world that dubiously protects children from the harshness of reality. YMMV, but if that's indeed his point, then one can hardly conceive a more suitable medium than (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Disturbing use of Lego

(...) From an article in the newspaper I thought they were mentioning this, but I think it was an over edited sentence since it mentioned something about "Lego and xyzzy concentration camps" where xyzzy was something that sounded like an actual camp (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-02, to lugnet.general)