 General / 36144
Re: Disturbing use of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:53:46 GMT

I believe this to be an excellent use of Lego.  Disturbing, yes, but
excellently done.  The models seem to be very good, it gave me a deep feeling
of sorrow and pain.  This feeling was not at the use of Lego but at the scenes
they depict.    Lego bricks will always be innocent because they are simply a
building toy; it's the uses they are put to that may not be innocent.  I don't
see this as a non-innocent use of the brick either.  The models depict a
persons emotions of certain past events and convey well the sinister actions of
the time without being grotesque.  The lack of innocence isn't in the use of
the brick, its in the emotions it stirs in us through association with the past.

Leonard