 General / 36074
Re: Radio Control LEGo Tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:32:47 GMT

I am working on several that use the IR controlled brick from the Bionicle Mana
sets.  This set up is perfect for tanks, as both the motor unit and controller
were made specifically for tracked vehicles, plus it is small enough to fit
inside most of my larger 1:35 scale tanks.  The draw back of the unit is the
line-of-sight nature of the IR control, but I've been able to overcome this
using the clear fiber optic tube that comes in the big Mindstorms set.  Also,
using the brick "as is" gives only one speed (very fast) and can be pretty hard
to control the vehicle while navigating in confined spaces.  I'll take pictures
of my IR controlled Pershing rampaging across the GMLTC layout in LaCross this
weekend...

Dan

In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera writes:
Not sure where to post this so I figured I start here.
Has anyone seen any website dealing with radio controlled LEGO created tanks?

Thanks,
AHui

ps.
My google searches have NOT been inspiring.