 General / 35921
Re: Heavy Equipment Maintenance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:12:36 GMT

In lugnet.town, Duane Hess writes:

I'm looking for pictures of wheel/tire replacement for heavy equipment in
the field. If a large Terex dump truck gets a flat on the way to a mine, how
do they raise the truck and replace the tire? Do they use a large jack and
mobile crane, or some other equipment?

When I was working for the Goliath limestone mine in Tasmania, they used the
tipper to lift the rear wheels. They carried two long poles & a stand. The
poles are put under the rear overhang of the tipper, the tipper is lifted, thus
lifting the wheels. The stand is placed under the diff area, and the tipper
lowered to let the stand take the weight.

I never saw the front wheels changed, so can't help you there 8?(

ROSCO