 General / 35883
Re: Part Question - Any thoughts - Blue #3063 - 2x2 Macaroni / Corner Round - from 1960's or 1970's?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.general, Kevin Salm writes:
In the 1980's Blue macaroni were not common.  The 1985 Cement Mixer set 6682 • is
the only one that I can think of immediately.

In the 1960's and early 1970's Blue macaroni were available from a variety • of
sources, especially service packs.  I do not know of any specific sets • offhand,
but I know that I have bought a good number of Blue macaroni off Ebay that • are
definitely from that period of time.  I don't think there is any one set • that
is loaded with macaroni of any color, but they were used a few at a time in
various types of sets from Town Plan, Train, Large Model sets, etc.

Except http://guide.lugnet.com/set/358 which contained *a lot* of white
macaroni!

Well, that set is the exception and I never knew about it until now.  There are
not very many sets that contain more than a handful of macaroni.

   Blue macaroni did come in the Royal Knights Castle 6090 (4),
   if memory serves; that's the only place I can think of where I
   could have gotten mine.  I have six or eight, and they're not
   CA--they're definitely newer than 1995.

   But I'd expect to see more and more macaroni in these new SW sets.
   Not blue, though.  But I've liked the 7110 and 7104 for building up
   lots of macaroni in the greys--clearances are so common, and the
   price points so low (usually <$3.00 per set on sale) that it's just
   fine.  Not that I'd complain about a macaroni service pack, however!

Whoa---another set with that neat, 4x4 pointed cone!!!  I know there was an old
Train set that had 2 of these and I thought that was it.  A VERY nice piece
and very rare, AFAIK.
I have 2 of those 4x4 pointed cones that I got from a German Ebay seller and I
had to pay a large sum to get each one of them (sold at different times).  I
consider them to be the oldest and rarest item in my collection and I would
never sell them [1]
Now that I have evidence that they were in _TWO_ sets, then they are less rare,
so I may have to re-assess which pieces in my collection are now the oldest and
rarest.

   I got two of these in an old lot of LEGO from Germany myself.
   The pieces have a fair amount of wear, but they're so very strange
   that they convinced me that bidding it up to $50 was worth it.
   I've only used them in one MOC (my Doctor Strangelove MX missile
   diorama), but they're just so darn cool that I sometimes pull them
   out and roll them around.

   They're easily my collection's oddities, though.  (Besides the
   collector, of course.  :D )

   best

   LFB