 General / 35618
Re: Set #4788 - Ogel Mutant Ray ????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 04:23:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.general, Jim Foulds writes:
During a trip to the Local Toys R Us, I happened to find this set...

This is another set for the Alpha Team that does not appear in any catalog
that I have.  I was wondering if anyone else noticed this set and has any
idea as to why these odd sets keep appearing in Toys R Us.

Perhaps if there is a representative at BrickWest, someone could ask them
why there is no mention of these sets in any Lego catalog, but they are
showing up in Toys R Us.

The set is alright is does offer some interesting pieces:

2 Black Ufo hull pieces as well as two 2x4 angle pieces as well as some
pieces in transparent red...

Keep building
- Jim F.

Good question!

But, just wonderin' how many Skeleton hench-men are in that set?
http://www.fbtb.net/toyfair2002/tfal.jpg
I'm guessing 2... right?
So how much did the set cost?

   I'd bet it's a $15 or $20 set, to match that 'mech.  I saw that picture
   too, and almost posted about it, but stupidly never got around to it.
   I think there are indeed two henchmen with it, if the toyfair pic is
   any indication.

   best

   LFB